Most town-owned roadways are eligible for adoption. Following is a list of our major, highly visible roadways:
- Old Nashville Highway
- Enon Springs Road
- Industrial Blvd.
- Weakley Lane
- Rock Springs Road
- (others as approved)
Contact the Town of Smyrna Public Works Department at (615) 459-9766 to find out which roadways are available or to get approval for a roadway not listed above.
- There is no fee required to participate in the program—only your time, effort, and concern for the environment! The Town of Smyrna provides volunteers with all necessary supplies and safety materials. Filled trash bags are removed from the roadsides by Town crews.
- Groups are asked to make a commitment to adopt approximately two (2) miles of roadway for at least one (1) year and conduct a total of four (4) litter pickups on their adopted stretch of roadway. One pickup per quarter/season is recommended, although groups may conduct pickups more frequently.
- Participants must be at least twelve (12) years old. Volunteers 12 – 17 years old must have parental permission to participate in litter pickups. The Town of Smyrna requires adult supervision at a ratio of one (1) adult for every five (5) youths under age 18.
- Besides the sense of pride your group will have by knowing you are enhancing the appearance of your community, your group will have its name posted on a recognition panel installed below the official Adopt-A-Roadway sign. The Town of Smyrna recognition panels identify our volunteers and recognize the contributions they make to our community.
- Volunteer groups are also permitted to separately bag recyclable items and turn in to redemption centers for fundraising cash.