Town of Smyrna Carnival Checklist
Before the Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) can consider a request for a carnival, the following minimum items should be demonstrated:
Site Plan: Site plan should show:
- That the carnival and all associated vehicles/rides/structures meet the minimum building setbacks.
- A surface of: pavement, concrete, or smooth gravel.
- Number and location of portable toilets. (minimum of 4)
- Written consent from property owner; showing description of carnival, dates of carnival, and owner’s signature.
- Ride safety certification. Provide current certification from State of TN that all rides have been inspected and safe for use.
Proof of insurance from:
- The carnival operator, AND
- Property owner
The BZA may also require other items that could include:
- Traffic control measures
- Hours of operation