Codes and Building Safety customers will experience improved ability to communicate and access information from the Codes Department as evidences by:
- An increase of customers accessing information online
- Customers reporting satisfaction with communications with the department
Citizens of Smyrna will experience cleaner, safer neighborhoods, as evidenced by:
- A reduction in substandard housing
- A reduction in number of abandoned or inoperable / unlicensed motor vehicles
- A reduction of visual clutter (signs, debris, trash, graffiti)
Citizens of and visitors to Smyrna will experience greater safety in the built environment as evidenced by:
- An increase in new building projects obtaining a Certificate of Occupancy, which indicates that all required inspections are performed and approved.
- Prevented accidents and fires in commercial and industrial settings due to diligent Fire and Life Safety Inspections.