The department of Building and Grounds Maintenance is responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of the Town's facilities. Some of these duties include:
- General building maintenance, remodeling, & grounds keeping for Town Hall and other facilities
- Construction of shelters, concession stands and restrooms for Parks & Recreation and the Golf Course
- Install and maintain holiday lighting throughout the town
- Repair and maintain all traffic signals and school safety lights
- Maintain interstate lighting at the Town's two I-24 exits, Sam Ridley Parkway and Almaville Road
Traffic Signals 101
Traffic signals manage the right of way at signalized intersections to provide for the safe and efficient movement of vehicles and pedestrians. Traffic engineers and technicians develop and implement signal timing at each intersection to distribute green time amongst the competing traffic flows to provide for efficient operations. Do you know who created the first traffic signal? Find out here...
To report any traffic signals or school zone lights that are not working properly, please call (615) 459-9766 or submit an online request. If you notice any of these after normal business hours, please call the Smyrna Police Department at (615) 459-6644.