NEW SMYRNA BANNER ORDINANCE
The Town of Smyrna Sign Ordinance was recently amended regarding banners. We want our businesses and residents to be aware of this change which goes into effect on August 1, 2018. In summary, banners will continue to be allowed, but they will be required to be permitted.
Below are some important points to remember:
- Cost: Banner permits will be $30 each
- Commercial/Industrial lots may have no more than 2 banners. Maximum banner size is 16 sq. ft. (Any banner greater than 16 sq. ft. will count as two banners.)
- Banner(s) may be permitted for 30 days only. Permit may be extended for 2 additional 30 day periods, but not longer than 90 days. Each 30 day extension will be an additional $30 per banner.
- “Banner” not only includes those that hang by ropes or fasteners, but also those that are vertical and supported by an “arrow” or stake in the ground.
- Banners will not be allowed on any parcel of land for more than 90 days in any 365 consecutive day period.
It is important to note that this ordinance applies to any new banner you may wish to have OR any existing banner(s) on August 1. If you wish to continue to have a banner after July 31, you will need to get a permit for that banner.
If you would like to get a banner permit, please visit us at 315 South Lowry Street, Smyrna.
If you have any questions, send an e-mail to Steve Smith, Building Official.