The Uniform/Patrol Division is the largest division of the Smyrna Police Department. In order to serve the community more efficiently, responsibilities are divided among several smaller units within the Uniform/Patrol Division.
- Patrol – Officers assigned to Patrol are responsible for crime prevention/deterrence, traffic enforcement, criminal apprehension and initial calls for police service.
- Traffic – Officers assigned to Traffic are responsible for enforcing traffic laws, investigating traffic crashes and coordinating overall traffic control within the community in order to maximize efficiency and safety.
- C.O.P.S. – Officers assigned to C.O.P.S. are responsible for Community Oriented Policing within the community. DARE, RAD, National Night Out Against Crime, Neighborhood Watch and Citizen’s Police Academy.
- K9 – Officers assigned to K9 are partnered with a K9 partner and they are responsible for supporting other divisions when the unique skills of a K9 team are needed.
- Court/Transport – Officers assigned to Court/Transport are responsible for court security and prisoner transport for court proceedings.
- Community Services Coordinator - Acts as the liaison between the Police Department, community groups, social services agencies and residents.
Captain Jeff Dwyer – Patrol Captain
(615) 459-9742, ext. 2386
Contact via e-mail