Are there any surcharges for using a credit or debit card?
Our merchant provider charges a fee of 2.5% for all credit/debit card transactions, regardless of whether they are made online, over the phone, or in person. This fee is non-refundable. Payments made in person at Town Hall using cash or check will not be subject to any additional fees.
Can I pay my bill over the phone with my credit card?
Yes, you may call (615) 355-5705. Also, you may have your bill payment automatically deducted from your bank account. Forms are available in our office. We will need a voided check to process. Payments can also be made online.
Do you adjust for gas leaks?
Do you adjust for water leaks?
Yes, we will adjust two consecutive bills per year to a six month average. You need to come to the office to sign an affidavit that the leak has been repaired. Only the sewer portion of the bill will be adjusted.
Do you adjust sewer bills for filling hot tubs?
Do you adjust sewer bills for filling swimming pools?
Yes. We will allow one pool adjustment per year. You either need to come to the office to fill out a form stating the amount of water used to fill the pool or you can get the readings off the meter before and after you fill the pool and call the readings in. The pool needs to hold at least 1000 gallons before we will do an adjustment.
Do you estimate readings?
The meters are read every month by an automated system.
How do I sign up for service?
You can sign up for services in three ways:

On-line - Please completely fill out the form here.

By Phone - 615-355-5740. You will need your driver's license and a credit card/debit card to pay the service fees.

In person - 315 South Lowry Street. Please bring a valid government issued ID (driver's license or passport) and cash, check or credit/debit card for service fees and deposit.

There is a $35.00 service fee for water, $50.00 service fee for gas - residential; $75.00 - commercial, and a $75.00 deposit for gas rentals. Commercial gas deposits vary and will be calculated when you sign up for service, minimum $150.00.

If gas is available but not at the house, an additional $325.00 tap fee will be required.
When are you going to fix my yard?
Sometimes in order to repair services, our water and gas crews may disturb your landscaping. They will be out to smooth the dirt , seed and straw when weather permits.
When are you open?
Our offices are open Monday thru Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm. We are located at 315 South Lowry Street inside Smyrna City Hall. We are closed on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, July 4th, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving (plus the day after), Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Why didn't I get my bill?
We outsource our bills, and they are processed and mailed 15 days before your due date to allow for on time delivery.
Why is my water off?
We may be repairing a leak in the area and had to turn off a main. If you live in an apartment, your maintenance personnel may have it off to make a repair. Additionally, a delinquent bill may result in the water being turned off to the house.