Smyrna Natural Gas is the home town energy supplier (not an out-of-town corporate giant) for the Town of Smyrna and the City of LaVergne. Natural gas has been used by over 70% of new single family homes over the last 15 years and is more efficient than electricity for heating your home and water. Other facts about natural gas that made this possible are:
- Underground piping reliably brings natural gas directly to customers in all types of weather. Don't have to worry about a fallen tree or utility pole disrupting service.
- Is rated as among the safest sources of energy for homes.
- Is environmentally friendly
- Used by most power producers (including TVA) to generate electricity. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for you.
- The most efficient source of energy for homes and businesses.
- Provides warmer, more comfortable airflow for heating.
- Equipment has a longer useful life.
- Lower maintenance cost of equipment.
- Adds value to the resale value of a home
For learn more about the advantages of Natural Gas, click here [PDF] or call us at (615) 355-5740.
| Energy Value Comparison for 1 million BTU's
| Natural Gas
||$6.07 per 1Mcf / MM btu|
|Electricity||$31.06 @ $0.1060 per kwh x 293.083 kwh / MM btu|
|Propane||$34.17 @ $3.13 per gal. x10.917 gal / MM btu|
Smyrna Natural Gas is a department of the Town of Smyrna and has been providing Natural Gas to the citizens and businesses of Smyrna and LaVergne since the early 1950's. As a department of your local government, we are able to keep our costs and rates low. Our rates are based on a flat "cost plus" basis, not on a percentage basis. This enables us to provide the clean energy of Natural Gas at a rate that is as low as possible. Plus, the governing body of Smyrna Natural Gas is ultimately your Town Council, not some out of town corporate board. Currently, Smyrna Natural Gas provides over 1.7 billion cubic feet of natural gas annually to more than 9,500 customers in Smyrna and LaVergne.
Consumers, builders and businesses can save energy, reduce emissions and help protect the environment without compromising performance or lifestyle by choosing Natural Gas. Check out the links at the top of the page for more information from the CRE on how Natural Gas is one of the best energy sources for your residence or business.
If you need to establish service or just want further information, stop by Town Hall at 315 South Lowry Street. You can also call (615) 355-5740 or send us an e-mail.