“Celebrating Freedom & the Blue Angels”
An exhibit sponsored by
Smyrna Outdoor Adventure Center (SOAC)
To be displayed in the SOAC Art Gallery
May 22, 2018 – July 22, 2018
Artists from Middle Tennessee are invited to submit up to two entries of paintings, drawings, mixed media, and/or photographs by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment (1) a labeled, high resolution JPEG photo image entry and (2) a completed submission form. Email subject must be exactly “SOAC ART”. No other words should appear in email subject line, or submission may be rejected. Label must include artist’s name, title, medium, and size. No works larger than 24" x 36” will be accepted. All work must be ready for hanging.
Downloadable Entry Form
* No entry fee
* Artist can submit up to two entries
* Art theme is for Freedom (Memorial Day/July 4th) and the Unites States Navy Blue Angels, in recognition of the Captain Jeff Kuss USMC Memorial honoring USMC Captain Jeff Kuss, and all brave men and women who have perished while serving our country
* Entries are for exhibition only. No sales are permitted.
* Material content must be appropriate for children and families.
* Submissions begin March 18 and end April 20th, 2018 at midnight.
* Art review and selections begin April 21 and end April 28, 2018
* Selected artists will be notified between April 30 and May 5, 2018.
* Selected work must be hand delivered to the SOAC/Smyrna Outdoor Adventure Center, 100 Sam Ridley Parkway, Smyrna, TN between May 9 and 12, 2018 during SOAC normal operating hours.
* Set-up / hanging will start May 15 and end by May 22, 2018
* Exhibit will be on display from May 22 through July 22, 2018 during SOAC normal/regular operating hours.
* Artists may pick-up their art between July 24 and July 27, 2018 during SOAC normal operating hours. Art that is not picked up by August 2, 2018 at close of business will be considered the property of the Town of Smyrna and the Town may dispose of it at its sole discretion.
* The admission fee to the SOAC will be waived for patrons visiting solely to view art exhibit.